Heroes & Ghosts - S.A. Payne Please, do me a favor dear reader of this review. Imagine a good sci-fi book... done?
image
Ok, now multiply it for 1000. Done again? Ok, now multiply again for 1000. Done it? Great. This book is better than that. And no, I kid you not

Ichi is an entomologist.
image

Nothing ordinary happened in his life, other than a few strange and deadly insects mating. That's his life, his research in a space station. He is the only human, in the middle of Avalons. They are also "humans" but only for their humanoid look. Avalons are telepathies, something that Ichi with his high logical mind can't understand. But he like his co-workers, specially Will and Amanda, that Ichi can almost consider close as friends.
He is lonely? Yes, but it's ok for him. His research seems promising, his "friends" are invasive knowing his feelings, but he like them... he is ok, no happy, just ok... because he can't get more from life, can he?

After a night drinking way to much a geek should Ichi did the unthinkable. He bought a pet... not an usual pet, as a dog or cat, but a doll... a living (sort of) being, build by PETS Living Companions... a brainless humanoid to use as sex toy... and well, the pet arrive... changing forever Ichi and all his friends life... because the Pet is him... Rye

image

Unfortunately I can't talk about Rye... you must read to know him, and well... everything can happen... even the most illogical of all possibilities... Ichi, learning about love.

image

I liked the multiple narration, that gave me a lot of different point of views... from main characters or not, all voices in this book were needed.

I liked the romantic, sometimes also erotic, scenes.

I liked Ichi and Rye long way to learn how to trust another human being.

I liked the sci-fi theme, very well explained and full of details.

I liked the action, got also scared knowing their love was doomed to worst...

because Ichi and Rye love is not a weak relationship... a stubborn and very closed mind scientist, with a amnesic human used as pet... nothing is easy, and everything will happen.

I can't give less than 5 stars and unfortunately I can't give more. So well, my 5 stars, and also my applause